The Tenure Facility supports initiatives that:
1. Scale up implementation of land and forest tenure reform policies and legislation by:
- Providing support to establish legitimate tenure rights in areas where traditional communal rights are not formally recognized
- Providing support for community mapping, demarcation, and registration efforts
- Strengthening the capacity of national organizations to provide land tenure related services to reach disadvantaged and vulnerable groups
2. Enable governments and communities to test new models, strategies and approaches.
- Testing practical solutions to implementation challenges.
- Assisting governments and communities to overcome administrative obstacles to land rights recognition and titling
- Building capacity of government agencies responsible for titling and protecting indigenous and community rights
Learn more about the kinds of organizations the Tenure Facility supports here.